What is Custom Application Development and How Can it Benefit your Business?
It’s essential to recognize that custom software is an investment that should typically have a realizable ROI. How much money will this software save us per year? How much time is opened up because of this software? How many errors and omissions will be eliminated because of this software? When custom software is approached in this manner, it will lead to exceptional results for your organization.
Custom application development is the designing of software applications for a specific user or group of users within an organization. This custom software is designed to address specific needs within an organization as opposed to more traditional, standard software used by the masses.
Here are six benefits of custom application development compared to off-the-shelf software:
- Custom software is tailor made for your business and eliminates the need to change your business procedures to fit a pre-developed software product.
- The software fits perfectly with your existing business software system ecosystem and usually eliminates the need to use multiple applications for specific business functions.
- You can generally save on hardware acquisition costs as the solution is designed with your infrastructure in mind and does not carry unused features that increase hardware requirements.
- You have full access to the original development team so any issues that arise can be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Having custom built software reduces external threats to your business as there is much lower incentive for hackers to try to break into a system used by only one company and no public documentation provided to shed light on possible attack vectors.
- You own the intellectual property rights of the software and can continue to use and enhance the application as needed even if the original software developer is no longer able to maintain the software.
Custom Application Development
MNC companies commonly custom software for critical functions, including content management, inventory management, human resource management and customer relation management. It is also used to fill the gap in existing software packages.
Custom application in today’s global economy, customers are becoming increasingly discerning and budget focused and require on-demand services that are rendered quickly, effectively and with no compromises on quality. To improve the overall efficiency of your business and remain competitive, you often need customized solutions to satisfy a specific set of needs and requirements. This is where our Custom Application Development services can help you achieve your goals.
We has proven experience developing solutions that meet our client’s requirements, regardless of their size and complexity. We take a consultative and collaborative approach that provides a complete solution for your business rather than a single application that doesn’t meet all of your needs. Some of the benefits of our custom application development solutions include:
- Our team conducts a preliminary consultation and analysis process to make sure we have a comprehensive understanding of your business needs.
- We follow best practices throughout the web application development life cycle to design and develop secure, reliable, robust, and scalable applications that are user friendly and require a minimum amount of administration and maintenance.
- We take the application through an extensive quality assurance (QA) testing process to ensure our software components are stable, error free, and optimized for performance.
- We review documentation, training, and rollout procedures with you prior to deployment to ensure that users are engaged and the solution is well received.
- We provide comprehensive support throughout the application lifecycle including change requests, enhancements, troubleshooting and support.
What is custom software?
Customized software specifically will be developed for the company/organisation or a group of users within an organization. The off-the-shelf software, which is developed for the mass market and fits a general need, but custom software is designed for specific preferences and requirements within an organization/company and else.
Custom software must go through a software development process that includes discovery, strategy, design, development, and launch. This process can range from a couple of months to years, depending on the size and scope of the project. Custom software can be a significant investment with lots of risks, so a good process will help mitigate risks and launch a successful product.
Company/Organisation need to hire a software development company to develop the custom software.
One of the most important reasons why an organization would build custom software is to provide a competitive advantage. If a custom solution can enable your business to work faster, more efficiently, or deliver more with less than you’ll have the advantage over others.
Process & Workflow Optimization
All businesses have various routine tasks and processes that need to be completed and confirmed. Custom software can help build systems that improve efficiency, reduce errors, and improve the bottom line for a business. With process and workflow optimization software, management can view insights into the process and make improvements based on collected data.
If organization/Company intends on growing, it might make sense to build custom software that can scale with your organization. As companies grow, their processes improve, and custom software can evolve to match the growing business needs. This is especially important for companies that have various departments, workflows, and teams working together.
Custom software enables organizations to build for the present but plan for the future. Many organizations build software in phases that add new features and functionality; having a product roadmap will help plan for the future growth of your business. Software developed today can be designed to accommodate future services and products that your organization plans to offer in the future. Custom software isn’t for every organization. If a real need is there and the software is built correctly, then it can be transformative for an organization.
Custom software can be a powerful tool that helps organizations innovate and grow. Unlike off-the-shelf products, custom software is designed and built specifically for an organization or a set of users. While it can be expensive and time-consuming, the payoff in efficiency, process improvements, and competitive advantage can transform an organization into a leader.